Over 85% of accidents in the construction industry are caused by falls, most of them in four trades: Roof work, Demolition, Steelwork and Painting. Further serious accidents are caused by materials and equipment falling on to people below the working area. In both these areas, a safety net can offer a cost-effective and satisfactory way of preventing accidents.
Safety nets are available in many different designs. Every design, knotted or knotless, meet the current required European Standard EN 1262-1.
With open containers there is a danger that during transport parts of the load can blow of the container. By using container nets, the load is secured fast and safe. Depending on the load, you can choose a knotted net with 5 or 6 cm mesh. (paper, plastic, wood etc) or for a very close woven fabric with selvage and strong metal rings along the edges (sand, dusty materials).
New development and renovation
During new development and renovation of buildings, scaffoldings are placed.
- Scaffolding nets protect people outside de scaffolding against falling debris, dust, tools, etc.
- People working on the scaffolding are protected thanks to the scaffolding net against all weathers
- Netco scaffolding nets are made of polyethylene monofilaments, it protects the scaffolding without causing dangerous billowing effects on windy days.
A so called "viewers traffic jam" is not only a nuisance but can also be dangerous fellow road users. During a reconstruction of a road, it is often the case that the guardrail has to be removed. The anti-dazzle screen offers maximum safety:
- In marking out the driving lanes
- The screen can be installed on a road barrier
- Prevents that the headlights of the opposite driver blind other cars